Website design is about more than programming. Your website should be intuitive and user-friendly. Below is a list of great resources on the topic of website usability.
Website development frameworks have come a long way and now make it very easy for non programmers to create professional looking websites without coding expertise.
Our favorite is WordPress– built originally as a blogging platform. In order to turn an out-of-the-box WordPress installation into a professional looking commerce website, some premium plugins are typically needed. Here are some we highly recommend:
- Gravity Forms for WordPress: A powerful drop and drag form creation tool.
- BackupBuddy Plugin: The best way to easily and thoroughly backup your WordPress installation without sys admin experience.
- WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing Plugin: Create pricing incentives just like pros.
Participating in tradeshows can be a great way to attract new sales and spread the word about your business. Unfortunately, the potential for waste (of time and money) are also great. Below are some fantastic resources for anyone looking to make tradeshows profitable and economical.
- Powerful Exhibit Marketing: The Complete Guide to Successful Trade Shows, Conferences, and Consumer Shows
- Face to Face Selling for the Nervous and Confused! – A video course with realistic role-playing scenarios, memorable characters and interactive quizzes.
- Direct Sales Training Course – This video course will teach you to master direct sales conversations at trade shows and other direct sales events. An easy, fun and repeatable guide!
- Need a Direct Sales Strategy Plan? – This beginner’s guide explains the 5 easy steps to having a successful direct sales conversation at trade shows and other direct sales events.
Search Engine Advertising
The advent of online advertising opportunities like Google Adwords has made it easier than ever for marketing novices to reach new customers. However, without some old-fashioned business strategy, search engine advertising can quickly become a moneypit. The following is a must-read for those new to search engine advertising.